About Ticket Groups
Every Ticket Type has to be assigned to a Ticket Group. Tickets are generally assigned to groups which contain tickets that will be used for the same shows. For example, you may have a group called ‘Opera’ which will contain all the tickets that you use for Opera screenings, or a group called ‘Full Price’ which contains all of your full price tickets. When scheduling shows, Ticket Groups can be assigned to a show to override the default tickets.
Creating Ticket Groups
- Navigate to Installation > Ticket Groups in RosettaPOS.
- Click the ‘+ Add New’ button on the top left of the screen.
- You should now see the following screen:
- Enter the name for your Ticket Group in the ‘Ticket Group’ field.
- Change the ‘Valid From’ and ‘Valid To’ dates contain the time that you want the Ticket Group to be valid for.
- ‘Is Global’
- This setting is important when creating a Ticket Group.
- When a Ticket Group is created with this setting switched on, it will become a default group and all the Ticket Types assigned to it will be default Ticket Types. This means that when a show is scheduled, unless a non-global Ticket Group is assigned to that show, these default Ticket Types will automatically be available to purchase for that showing. You should turn this on when you create a Ticket Group to assign your standard tickets to.
- When a Ticket Group is created with this setting switched off, it is a non-global ticket group which needs to be selected when scheduling a movie in order to override the default ticket types.
- ‘Release reservations (mins before show)’/’Release reservations after (mins after reservation)’
- These are the same settings described in the 'Ticket Types' article, please refer to this section for more information on how to use them.
- Once you are happy with the settings, click ‘+ Add’ in the top right corner of your screen to add the record and then ‘Save’ to save it.