The following guide will aid you in either replacing or re-seating a card in the card cage such as either a ICP, PIB or a IMB.
- Remove all power going to the projector before proceeding with this guide.
- If you change the IMB, you'll need to get updated KDMs for the new serial number as the old ones will not work on the new IMB
Tip: Take a picture of the installation before you start so that you will know where to connect all the cables again when you are done.
-Low Security Key
- High Security Key
- Phillips #2 Screwdriver
Please make sure you have the necessary tools before you start.
Remove the top lid from the projector
1. Use a #2 Phillips™ to loosen the seven captive screws
securing the top lid to the projector housing (Figure 5-5).
2. Unlock the rear access door using the low security key.
3. Lift the lid up from the rear of the projector and pull it away
from the two tabs on the front skin.
4. When reinstalling, align the front two tabs and reverse the
Remove the High Security Lid
2. Use the high security key to unlock the security lid.
3. Lift the lid up and out
Release the security ring by pressing on the latch located on the inside of the cardcage.
Remove the security ring from the front of the cardcage
You are now ready to remove the desired card: Push in the red tabs on the top and bottom ejector tabs. Then, push in the top and bottom black tabs to release the Board from the Backplane.
The ICP is located in the cardcage on the operator side (right) of the projector. This is the image processing electronics for incoming video signals.
The PIB is located in the cardcage on the operator side (right) of the projector. It is the main controller for the Serial and Ethernet connections, video and 3D applications for the projector. The Marriage status light on the PIB board turns OFF when the high security lid is unlocked.
The IMB is located in the middle of the cardcage. This is the Integrated Media Block for content playback.
When installing, repeat the above instructions in reverse. Once the projector is up and running, Service Marriage must be performed to continue playing encrypted content. Please contact your NOC Technician to perform marriage.